What is streaming and how can it be used for communication in your business?
Streaming in your business
Definition of streaming
Streaming is the continuous delivery of audio and video over the internet in real-time. The term real-time is used in contrast to media that is first downloaded and then played. In contrast, when audio and video is streamed, it plays as it is received, and this instant playback is what makes streaming so popular.
Companies are using streaming as a tool to reach employees and investors in multiple contexts:
- Virtual meetings, distance learning and remote work.
- Internal communication via streaming video to employees.
- External communication via streaming to investors.
- Streaming product launches, commercials and events to the widest possible audience to a large online audience.
- Online courses and training sessions for employees and customers.
Digital meetings, such as those held via traditional live streaming or video conferencing platforms, can be considered more environmentally friendly than face-to-face meetings in some ways. For example:
- Less travel: With digital meetings, attendees don't have to travel to a physical location, which can reduce carbon emissions from transportation.
- Reduce paper consumption: Many digital meetings are paperless, which can save trees and reduce paper pollution.
- Lower energy consumption: Digital meetings typically require less energy than face-to-face meetings as they don't require the use of lights, heating or cooling and other resources.
However, it's important to note that digital meetings still have their own environmental impact. For example, the energy consumption of servers, computers and other devices used for digital meetings, as well as the manufacture and disposal of these devices, also have an environmental impact. In addition, certain digital meeting platforms can have their own environmental impact, such as the energy consumption of servers, data centers, etc.
Overall, digital meetings can be considered more environmentally friendly than physical meetings in many ways, but it's important to consider the entire lifecycle of the technology used and take steps to minimize the environmental impact.
Streaming and live streaming are related but different concepts.
Streaming refers to the general process of delivering audio, video or other media over the internet and playing it in real-time as it is received. This can include pre-recorded content made available for streaming.
Live streaming specifically refers to the streaming of live events in real-time via the internet. Examples include concerts, sporting events, news broadcasts or live shows. The content is created in real-time and is not pre-recorded. The unique thing about live streaming is that it allows the audience to experience an event as it happens, in real time.
You could say that all live streaming is streaming, but not all streaming is live streaming
Streaming for businesses
- Town Halls
- Product launches
- Investor Relations events
Copenhagen Streaming is creative, professional and flexible to work with. In connection with a digital seminar held under the auspices of the Danish Agency for Culture and Palaces in 2021, they came up with lots of great ideas for both the form and content of the seminar, and the result was really successful. Most importantly: The participants loved the digital format.
Consultant, The Agency for Culture and Palaces
Our customers who use streaming
We stream meetings for the largest companies and government agencies in Denmark, including
- The Agency for Culture and Palaces
- The Norwegian Art Foundation
- The Danish Financial Supervisory Authority
- The Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Visit us at
Copenhagen Streaming's office
Strandgade 27B, 5th floor
1401 Copenhagen K
VAT number: DK37614734
Terms and conditions
Based on your wishes, we tailor the right solution for you and we can prepare a price and quote for you the same day. You are always welcome to reach out to us, whether you need live streaming prices or advice on your next meeting, conference, townhall or anything else. Use the contact form below or contact us by phone to get a price: